Sunday 12 April 2015

A Good Way to spend a Date| A Day out...

At times, as a couple who work full time, it can be stressful to try and organise a date night or day doing something together. But- when you do get the time, sometimes you can't think of what to do which is different to just going out for a meal, or perhaps want to do something else with your time together.

If you're anything like me, you love going out to eat and you also like to exercise when you can. Recently Ash and I had the same day off work (Yay!) and so wanted to do something together. Something that I've always wanted to get (but never got round to getting one, mainly because shoes or clothing items got in the way of buying one!) was to get a bicycle. Okay, not hugely exciting, but Ash had one for a while and we had both wanted to go cycling somewhere.. so it was time to look for a bike!

I managed to find a fairly cheap one, which was flat-packed so Ash had to put it together. Thank goodness he's good with bikes because in all honesty I wouldn't have a clue! Haha.

Anyway, it was a beautiful day so we cycled all the way to Sandbanks which is the longest I've ever cycled (about 2 hours there and back). For me, that was pretty far to go so I was proud of myself. We stopped off at a lovely Thai restaurant called 'Koh Noi' which does amazing tapas. It was so good! I would really recommend it!

So after a lovely meal, we had the issue of cycling home on a full stomach. I was really struggling, with the hills and the amount of food in my tummy. Ash was up ahead, loving life, wondering (probably) why I was so slow. To be honest I was wondering this too because I work out more than him and I'm not normally worn out so easy- so Ash asked if we wanted to swap bikes, to see if it made a difference..

The tables had turned, I was flying on ahead, Ash was struggling behind. As the gentleman he is he carried on cycling my bike till we got home. Turned out he had actually tightened my brakes too much so I was peddling against the brake all the way there and half way back! No wonder I was tired! haha!

So for the next time we do it, my journey will be a bit easier to say the least!
Apart from that incident, it was such a good day out and I really enjoyed spending time with Ash doing these things. I think if you are struggling for ideas, a bike ride is a good way to spend time together, especially if you like food and exercise!

What do you like to do for date night/day?

Love C. xx

Follow me:

Instagram                      Twitter                        Pinterest                         Snapchat: claudiapoppy

If you would like to email me, click HERE to find my 'About me' page and my email.

No comments:

Post a Comment